Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Prolog

I have been working for a number of months in 2006 on local community projects and hopefully doing some good work. I am trying to make Wakefield a little bit better.

I do a mix of stuff - I spend some time as an advocate helping people speak up, a fair amount of time coordinating Street Angels a bit of time on Fairtrade, lots of meetings and stuff for Wakefield's Sustainability Advisory Group and recently time helping people look at starting a 'chic' Ethical Shop and cafe for 18 to 35s.

A friend and community worker said, "You're going to end up ill if you keep doing all this stuff." Then I was told by a colleague, "After you finish your large advocacy case in early January you will need a few weeks off to recover."

Well. I am fairly tied, probably fed up, don't know what work I am doing in '07 and not too sure anymore what I belive in, 'but the fight is strong in me'.

For 2007 I am going to focus on one word 'Emergy'. Looking at the full cost of what I and others do . . . . . . . . .

No comments: