Monday, December 18, 2006

Finger lickin-horror!


I was helping some friends with their bussines plan for an 'organic / fairtrade shop'. The decision was that we were going to send out for junk food. I settled for a Bean Burger from Burger King as the best ethical option! (Hold off your hate mail - you may as well hear the whole story - it is only going to get worse).

Unfortunately Burger King had closed so a KFC family bucket was brought back. (Now start the hate mail).

What interested me is that I am not a great fan of the battered variety of chicken so I don't normaly eat it. My presumption was that KFC was an evil company but I actualy didn't have a clue - I have been involved with the old McDonalds campaigns, watched Supersize Me but was KFC all evil? A joke question someone asked me was 'Do they boil there chickens alive?'

The answer is, 'YES' - no really - KFC apparently put live chickens into large pans of boiling water!

I have found a campaign and a half - where famours 'chicks' support humble poultry. You can get this solid source of information from Auntie Pamela. In fact she has made herself very solid over the years!

The poor humble chicken has very few rights. KFC treats 850 million animals a year in ways that would warrant legal action if the animals were cows or your humble pussy.

I think that was my last KFC.

No comments: