Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Time to save some money and hopefully the world!

I am back from holiday but have not been well enough to be at work all day.

I decided to log on and check my emails - it was a nightmare! I had been so efficient before I went on holiday I had unplugged everything, modems, routers, stereo etc.

When it was up and running I started fantasising about buying solar panels to run my broadband connection and in the process came across some products that we should all give a go!



You change your plug on your fridge or freezer for a savaplug and it can save you up to 20% of the electricity running costs.

It came out of a government funded project - it does work so get buying them! I'll let you know how much my bill has gone down by.



Another interesting product - you plug it into a socket and it regulates the electricity supply. I can't quite see how this works but I'm here to live ethically so I probably will order one so I can tell you if it works or was a hoax.



Now we are talking more money for this baby but it helps you realise what electricity you are using. You put the sensor on the cables coming in the house and you get a little portable screen which shows how much power your consuming.

It won't save money directly but imagine if you could see how much power the telly on standby was wasting!

If you want more information have a look at Windtrap they have some cool products.

No comments: